Physio. GP and sun



Happy Valentine's Day




Yesterday evening we had a snowshower!!! Yeay!!!

I don't assume that during my 4 month' stay inside the house I have gained an unknown lover. So no romantic expectations for today.
Mr. J. never bothered.

I managed to arrange an appointment with the GP after visiting the physio.

The physio gave me another exercise to add to the existing ones. We can only make small steps, because of the persistent pain.
We were talking about using a wheelchair and I said that I wouldn't mind, but that I would like a foldable lightweight one, which doesn't have all those parts that take a lot of space. With one like that I can go outside all by myself.
She suggested she would ask the ergotherapist. Great!

The GP was very interested.
Commented on the small, but still leaking wound.
Had a look at the painful area on top of my foot above the toes. (Had no solution.)

We discussed the result of the heart MRI.

And then we evaluated the results of the DEXA scan (bone density).

She is still kind of naief about the role of the radiologist. Wanted to call him about the hemangioma/cavernoma (a bundle of vessels in the spine) and what to do with it. So I had to explain that the radiologist here can discriminate what is normal and abnormal and it is the job of another specialist to deal with it.
Because I wanted to have my neck checked for years (there is a bend that always interfered with some ballet exercises) I threw that on the desk. "Now we're dealing with walking again, why not look at that too. The physio said she can incoorporate it in the treatment if she knows what's going on there."
So I got a referral to the orthopedist.

Then the osteopenia. At the hip it's just 1 tenth of a point from osteoporosis.
When she got the mean value from the radiologist it wasn't a real problem. So I understood she refused preventive treatment.
But when I saw te raw data I  started to worry. Send the results to her.
Now she had read into the subject (She should have done that during her studies), complained about the complexity (I have read it too and it's not very complex) and considered the fact that I am still not very mobile.
So I will get bisphosphonates.
She didn't know if it can also be used for a limited time. I didn't give her the answer (advice is for 5 years.)

She also took note that I read the english scientific literature, so might have at times a slightly different conclusion from hers.

When I came out of the building the sun was shining. At the TV the weatherman jubilated about the first time of sun this month.

Quite a lot of discussion about how Trump is dealing with our safety in Europe. Talking over our heads, like we are not able to have a say. He should not forget that the present boss of the NATO is our former prime minister.
He can deal with our peace quite lightly, because he lives an ocean away and we have the war at our doorstep. To request Ukrain to accept annexation doesn't have peace as a consequence, but more war.

.



 

.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment