Friday 5 - Until it hurts

 



  1. Which charitable organizations do you think do especially meaningful work?

    I think most do.
    There are so many needs in society!
    And with everything becoming so expensive!
    And everything needs to be paid. Almost nothing is free anymore.

    So wether it's an organisation providing children with packpacks for the new schoolyear, a volunteering organisation driving people to their hospital appointments and back, assisting with paperwork, or anything else. 
    It is all meaningful.

  2. When has someone recently appreciated your giving them your time?

    The veterans I support. (I am a psychologist supporting volunteers for free.)

  3. When have you asked someone to give you a little space?

    Here in the house.
    I can't say anything or Mr. J. needs to ventilate all his knowledge he has remembered, right or wrong.
    The kids that live in their own houses walk in day and night.
    I never cn see something on TV without being disturbed.

  4. What do you simply not give a darn* about, despite its mattering to your friends or relatives?

    Don't know.

  5. What are you close to giving up on?

    Finding a place for my own.
    I don't want to live here anymore. My marriage was over almost 30 years ago. But I still am forced into caring duties.
    My dream has always been to move to the UK, but without money nothing will happen.

    They want my volunteering everywhere, but a proper salary? Noop.
    So I decided to do for the veterans whatever I can, be a trusted friend and a trustworthy psychologist, and lecture at university.. because I like to do that very much, and the rest is done.

    I worked all my life for others, always as a volunteer, to be able to care myself for my kids with special needs, and it feels not OK I don't have a proper pension.









.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment