He wants to stay on top. Be the best, know it best, etc etc.
He doesn't do much, so he tries to impress as the one who knows best.
Which doesn't always work.
This morning I said it was a cold night.
As his tablet/computer was still closed he couldn't say much. Otherwise he would have told me the temparature in London and a few other cities. Which would have caused some irritation. I live here, not there. And by the time I'll leave for London it's the end of spring or maybe summer.
"Never this winter such a low number on the themostat"
"Oh?"
"16, 5 degrees celsius"
Ẅe've had it lower. I have seen 15. Much colder.
Yea...right. NOT!
Our thermostat switches the heating on at 16.
And eh.. he's never downstairs before me.
Some days his dementia is worse than other days.
Dinner time.
He tries to control things.
We had potatoes, a sausage and red cabbage that was hardly cooked long enough.
For some unclear reason he had put mayonnaise on my plate.
He handed me the plate.
¨ The fork is dirty".
"Huh? Dirty? "
"Yea, there is mayonnaise on it "
"How do you know?"
"The fork is here."
"Huh?? How did it get there?"
"You brought it here."
"When?"
"When you brought the plate."
"I used only one hand."
We were glad he walked away, because it was like a slapstick.
He clearly intended to put the fork aside and put a new one on the plate, but he forgot.
.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment