Sunday Stealing - Compassion, Int'l

 


Compassion, Int'l


1. Do you ever have funny dreams at night? Yes, but they have gone from my memory very fast. But I woke up several times giggling. 2. If you could make a law for your country, what would it be? No "digital forms only" without giving minima and 65+ a smartphone for free. And witnessing what happened during Covid I would like to have a law for emergency euthanasia. Old people and chronically ill people who would not survive and intensive care treatment were kept at home and when they were too ill all choice they had was for palliative sedation. I don't want that. Not under any circumstance. Not for myself, but not for my children and others. They put one under and then give no food, no water and no medication. So they put you to sleep and just let you die. Especially during the pandemic, when no one was allowed to visit, the person is just left alone until there are no life signs anymore. I was amazed that only one person, a feminist who has done a tremendous lot of good for our country, was stating the same as I had published a couple of days ago: emergency euthanasaia should be possible, as normal euthanasia would take too much time. I already gave the rules:
  • medical opinion (or 2) that the person is seriously ill. Under normal circumstances he or she would be admitted to Intensive Care.
  • No place at Intensive Care or no outlook for a kind of quality of living after Intensive Caretreatment.
  • No chance to get better.
  • A video or any other way of filming, with the person stating tht palliative care is not wished, that there is a clear choice fore euthnasia.
  • and some other rules that safeguard that there is a clear choice of a person in a lethal situation. When the pandemic started I was told I would not be admitted to the Intensive Care. I have a heartdisease and kidneyproblems. The medication at the Intensive Care would lead at its best to dialysis, but with so many people needing dialysis because of Covid treatment I would be the last on th list. So I would die. In other words: I would not be admitted to hospital and would have to die at home. Palliative sedation is something I don't want my children to witness, but during that stage of the pandemic at least 2 would have to deal with it, as they lived at home. So I wanted euthanasia in that situation. However it takes at least 6 weeks to get the permission for doctor to act. I would have died a gruesome death by then. So I want a law for well regulated emergency euthnasia.
3. What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
Get that war-causer done away with. 4. If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be? Michael Palin, travelling the world. 5. What would you like to change about yourself? Outward: get my eyelids lifted. 6. What is your daily routine? Get up; banana and medication
Do a few chores and update the games
Wake up Mr J. Lunch and coffee
Afternoon: what's in the agenda
Discussion about dinner Dinner, washing up and the lot Coffee & TV Bread Everyone to bed Finally some time for myself, maybe work a bit on my 1:24 miniature shop. Hang the laundry if needed. Bed 7. What would your perfect day be like? What would you be doing?

My perfect day is in London or Middle Wallop.
Just relax with friends or alone.
Have a good meal at a place where I never dine.
Sit at the Thames at the Southbank when it's evening.

8. How old were you when you learned to read? 6
9. What is the most interesting thing you know? Pfff... One of the most useful things is knowing a lot about research and how it should be done. I can swipe medical research from the table just because of a flaw in the ways the researchmethod has been designed. I have some knowledge I can't share, but might be interesting. I can play the highland bagpipe.
10. What makes you nervous?
Not so many things anymore. But I hate the dentist... I also get nervous when I can't get in touch with someone who is doing something that involves a serious healthrisk.
11. What is your favourite flower? I love the smell of roses I love muscari, because my gram had them and they are for me a representation of my gram and spring Sweet peas an orchids Dahlias
12. Have you ever ridden on a horse or any other animal? No. But as a three year old I sat on a stuffed real tiger.
13. What time do you go to bed? About 3 after midnight. Sometimes later.
14. What time do you get up? Depends... Sometimes at 7.
15. What is something that is always in your refrigerator? Pff butter, cheese, mayonnaise, bread, jam some of my medication





Want to take part too? Want to read the answers of others? Click the graphic on top.

.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Comments:

  1. very interesting comment about euthanasia. There are few things worse than a lingering death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I have seen several people struggle with dying because people didn't know what to do or were restricted in their care by religion.

      Delete
  2. We do not have any kind euthanasia here for people. We have "hospice" care, which is basically taking away the person's medications, etc., and giving them morphine if they're in pain until they die. Essentially, they die of lack of water if they can't drink themselves, so they die of dehydration and/or over-medication from the morphine. I think it is horrible but many people over here laud "hospice" as if it's great. We're nicer to old dogs than we are to old people (or terminally ill people).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I often say. Here they say animals should have a humane death, but they are never left to dehydrate and starve.
      I feel so sorry for the people in your kind of hospice.
      Here hospice is support in all sorts of ways to give people a good time. They eat good food, drink what they want, try to live a few days longer without pain, with loving people around them. Sometimes that becomes a lot longer.
      Euthanasia is done with the loved ones present. With respect and care. It's the decision of the patient. It's painless. Often people say that they have good memories about the moment.
      But before that people reach that moment they have had a process of decision making, medical evaluation by independent doctors, psychologist and investigation that they have made their decision without any pressure.
      That is hospice in the true meaning of the word.
      I wish it for everyone who faces death.

      Delete
  3. 4. Good answer. I agree.

    Wow. You can play the bagpipes. Excellent for noise making.

    :o)

    Cheers PM

    ReplyDelete