Home Sweet Home
1. What kind of home do you have and does it need repair or improvements this year? My house is a terraced house. Small hall, livingroom, open kitchen, toilet, stairs 2 large bedrooms, 1 small, bathroom open stairs Attic. Ouside: at the back ; a brick shed against the house. It's too large. And as my relationship is 25 years over and I am forced to be the caregiver, I am ready to move. (Want to live in the UK between mountain and ocean.) No opportunity at all, as there is a huge housing shortage. Need a new kitchen, the tiles in the bathroom redone, and some minor repairs and paint jobs. As I am the only person doing something it will be on the list next year too. Outside a tree needs to be removed. Can't afford it. 2. How do you accessorize your home inside and out? Plants, art, books, wall hangings, maybe music in the background? Inside: I used to have a lot of plants, but there is too much to take care of. I have some art on the wall that was bought years ago. Far too many books. A Tibetan altar in a Tibetan decorated corner.
Outside: Front garden, plan in a circle of bricks, high shrubs and some trees. In spring the muscari provide the first colour, or the crocusses, followed by the tulips. Back garden: always a project. I love wild flowers and trees. The new neighbours wanted a tree to be gone...since then I don't have much pleasure being in the garden. They keep on looking what I am doing. Within the minute after I go outside their are peeking what I am doing. The small playhouse of the children is still close to the house. I want a gardenhouse in the back, and when it's as hot at last summer I need to sleep outside.
Most of the time the TV is on or I play music. I need to keep the noise from outside neutralized...one way or another.
3. What objects reside on your coffee table? Night stand? Side tables? Kitchen/Dining table? - Coffee table: large plate with buddha statues and some Tibetan items. Right now a pot with a bulb. A lamp with some gifts hanging from it. Some small things which are gifts, and a pot with pens.
- Night stand: radio, small bookscase with nice booklets, items, small box with jewelry, and a basket with all sorts of stuff,
- Dining table...I wonder if itÅ› still belowe the pile of stuff Mr. J has put there. If I empty the table he fills it within 5 minutes. Grrr...
I never had that problem, but it's growing the past years. Maybe it's due to the very opinionated society we're living in. People so easily judge others. A few years ago we had the police enter our house. Someone had reported we were growing drugs! At the time we still had two at home, and the stuff of all kids...so a rather full attick. The senior one was very disappointed there was absolutely nothing to be found. He commented on having a bag of clothes in the corner before the bathroom. I said I was cleaning the clothes that were donated by people for the refugees. So they would get freshly washed clothes. He had some strange smile... A few hours later I was called. He had reported us to the special care social team for a messy and fire-dangerous house, based on "bags with dirt" in front of th bedrooms!! There were coming. I said I wouldn't allow them into the house, they said they would come with the police. I told the woman to give me the chance to explain on the phone. So I told her that another group of strange people would upset my autistic son even more, and there was absolutely no bag of dirt in my house, just one bag with clothes for refugees that were about to go into the laundry machine. She wanted photos of the spaces in front of the bedrooms and I told her I would first inform myself about this invasion of privacy. I also told her to get in contact with our GP, as he not only knew us well, but had been visiting several times at unexpected moments. If she, after that, still wanted photos and the privacy authorities considered her request perfectly normal I would send her photos. I never heard from her again. But this all has hurt my feelings and made me feel uneasy in my own house. Now Mr. J needs more special attention, like the supervision of his use of breathing equipment during the night, I feel again that my house is not my home. It's the workplace for people.... People who can comment on the most tiny thing. So clutter is a real problem. Want to take part too, or want to read the contributions of others? Click the graphic and feel welcome.



I see like everyone's style and choices. Housing problems seem to be everywhere unless you have tons of money to get exactly what you want. My very favorite house is our youngest daughter who lives in western NY state with her husband . They own 14 acres and have their own pons. Love all the sightings of wildlife and the trees and it is so green and peaceful. Our oldest son and his phamily have a huge home but all those stairs, no thank you and the HOA fees. I am a rebel. I will pay no one to tell me how I can paint my home etc. we live in an older 10960's brick house so only trim painting is required. :-) I hope you have a wonderful week. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI think being at your youngest daughter makes you feel out of your own life. ItÅ› so good to be in nature.
DeleteI'm having increasing problems with my knees, so I'm more aware of stairs.
It was so nice to see you here. Thanks for visiting.
You are right. Everyone has an opinion on everything people do today. I've never seen it so bad as today. All we can do is plod along on our way doing the best we can but you are not alone in feeling judged. It can be exhausting sometimes. Thanks for joining in!
ReplyDeleteI love your glass art corner so much! That is absolutely beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI am so tired if everyone sharing their opinion about everything. There is no reason that should have happened to you. I am so sorry. Loved your answers! Have a nice week. ♥
https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Thanks! There was absolutely no reason to involve the police. I think they saw my boys coming in after work..and as some worked evenings and others days.. We never heard who did this to us and why.
DeleteI'm sorry for the problems. I hope if you want to move that you'll be able to find a way.
ReplyDeleteI think one day things will work out. Thanks for visiting!
DeleteHow nice that you would wash the clothes for someone else to use. I am sorry the police put you through all that. You know you keep things taken care of so pay allow them to make you think less of yourself. Sorry you had to take the tree down and that your neighbors are nosey.
ReplyDeleteI'm very sorry to hear you have problems with your neighbours and the police over something you meant for good! It's so bad when people want to make trouble out of nothing for other people. I know it is difficult to be a caregiver as it seems I spent most of my life doing that too and sometimes it was difficult just to remember to breathe. Those days are not fully over but much reduced now and I have time to try and get my own life back on track. I hope maybe your neighbours would move and you don't have to worry about them.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Glad for you that you have more "me-time", which also is a change of life and needs adjusting. It's good it is happening gradually for you. I've seen women confronted with a sudden stop of their caregiver-activities and some got kind of lost.
DeleteI don't expect the neighbours to move, as they have bought the house. I don't want to stay here anyway. The town has been changed far too much to my liking. I sometimes feel like I am searching for something that isn't there anymore. Better move somewhere else and start over.
Thank you for sharing your house. I'm sorry for the things you are going through! People should mind their manners.
ReplyDeleteI had fun trying to envision your home, and what a crazy story at the end.
ReplyDelete