Tuesday 4 - A Cozy Home

 



  1. What’s one feature in your home that makes it feel especially cozy or comfortable for you?

    Not just 1.

    It's the enormous lot of items that are "me'. The paintings from Africa (Never been there, but there is some link...one way or another.), my miniature houses, my musical instruments, etc etc..

  2. How do you like to personalize your living space to reflect your style or personality?

    I am doing that right now. Other curtains, couchcover, not much space to move furniture, but I am thinking about that.
    Repairing all sorts of things that Mr. J. never did. Etc etc.

  3. Are there any home maintenance tasks you find particularly important for keeping your space comfortable year-round?

    Aha..I was just thinking about that.
    Mr. J. nver did things he promissed after he just drilled through a wall after I said he should measure the depth and put a bit of tape on the drill not to go too deep.
    So all the painting and everythig else that popped up was mine.
    With all the caring for others, cleaning after the users of this house, etc etc, my bad health and the lack of even the least support I got behind.

    Need a new inhouse door, in the kitchen things need to be fixed, new locks, windowsil painting, hanging stuff, new floor in the toilet, I found a new and heavy shelf for the bathroom, which I can't put up there myself and which is probably far too heavy!
    Bathroomtiles, flushingsystems of the toilets.

    In fact I want to move...(they will tear down the bathroomtiles, the toilets, the kitchen anyway in tat case), but there is nothing availble as there is a tremendous housing shortage.

  4. What’s your go-to way to unwind or create a relaxing atmosphere at home after a long day?

    Nothing, nowhere.
    That's why I want to install that greenhouse in the garden.


.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Comments:

  1. I know home maintenance is tiresome and expensive. If you can't do it yourself and have to hire people to do things, then it really gets expensive and most likely put off until it is absolutely a necessity. That's what happens here. We try to keep up with things as they happen, but some things just have to wait. My hubby is not what you'd call a "handyman", so we usually have to hire things done unless it is something one of our kids can figure out. I do hope you get your greenhouse installed. I know it will be a place you will enjoy year round! I love your African art work too. I've never been there either, but when I was a kid I always wanted to go to "The Congo". But now there is so much turmoil in those countries that it is not something I want to get tangled up in. So we just enjoy pictures on TV of the wild animals and geography.
    I hope you are feeling some better these days. I'm a little behind in my reading and writing. Haven't done my Tuesday 4 yet, so I guess I need to get busy! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do a lot of things myself. My father taught me, and I helped my gram out when he couldn't because he had too much to do. I don't like electricity, though.

      I always wanted to go to Mali. To Djenné and the Dogon villages. I like the Malinese music a lot. And I know a few of their habits.
      But it isn't safe there either....

      Delete
  2. A greenhouse would be wonderful. I like what you said about the things that are you. Thats so important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I might move too but there is a housing shortage here as well and things are terribly expensive to buy or to rent. I think I'll stay put. I hope you can get the repairs done so you can enjoy your space more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A greenhouse would be great. We're thinking of getting one. I'm hoping to have a garden next year. Enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will get your garden. And a greenhouse!

      Delete