Triple Jump - 1

 





If ever something goes normal in this house, I will contact the media!
Sigh...

The bicycle

Last year, before my accident, I got a new bicycle. We had a long search fora nice an especially light and good one, and one of the twins found a very nice one, which was perfect!

But after the accident the bicycle turned out to be a real problem.
The entry was too high, an dthe bicycle was so light that it was hard to get off in a safe way.
The physio simply forbid me to use it. (I guess she had watched me stepping off...)
 

I neeed a new one, so started looking around for one with a low entry.
Seemed to have found one, second hand, needing repair, which would have made it a rather expensive one.
I was very much in doubt, so I kept searching while keeping an option.

Found a second hand one in a good bicycle shop, with 3 months of guarantee.
It was expensive, but yet 1/3 of the normal prize, and it has the lowest entry possible. On top of it it's from one of the best manufacturers.
And the extra cost was not too much over the cost for the other bicycle + repairs.
So I cancelled the optionon the other one and bought this one.

When I wante to use it the saddle was too high.
Daughter put it too low.
Which I found out after I was fully dressed up and ready to leave for an appointment.
It was impossible to use it, as my ankle couldn't deal with the small angle in the movement.

When the saddle was finally at the right height it was the wrong saddle. Very painfull.
As the daughter who lives elsewhere took the spare saddles we had, she needs to bring them here.
She planned to do it today, but ther trains are not riding, due to strikes.

I need to talk with my doctor to get her to sign a paper I need a special mattress for my back, so I can claim part of the cost from the insurance.
I can't go to the GP unlass I can use the bicycle, because the son with the car is abroad.

Waiting......







.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Comments:

  1. Oh my! That's frustrating...just when you thought you had it all together, and then it's not exactly as it should be! Nothing seems to be very simple these days. I do hope you can get the bike in proper working order very soon, as it sounds like you really need it. And I do hope you can also get the new mattress! Here we go again...One step at a time! Hopefully it will all come together in good time for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will.... But it would be nice if things were a bit more simple.

      Delete