I'm not good with names, I'm not good with titles.
I don't look for a CD or any other musical device anymore to listen to music for myself, because there are always people around me who need attention, disturb me, etc etc. That's why I'm almost never able to watch a movie at once.
Music is something that I hear on the radio when I'm trying to sleep. My favorite radio station doesn't talk in between, so I don't hear names or titels.
Music is for me like dance. It touches my feelings (or not) and it influences my mood and when I play music or sing it helps me to express myself. I like improvisation, and I gladly look back on jam sessions with friends and unknown people.
I know a lot of songs... not all the words... because once I have heard and played around with close harmony the melody sticks in my mind forever.
It's something that runs through my family, with an uncle having the talent to hear a melody once and play it on the piano with all the thrills and frills, and often even more creative than the original. When looking in the family history it was fun to see that one of my ancestors was a musician in the army in the 16th century.
Of course I'll try and answer the questions. But it will take far longer I assume than the weekend, to answer them all. But now you know why.
Name a song that...
- You enjoy, in another language.
Malaika: Miriam Makeba & Angélique Kidjo - Recently introduced you to a new singer
??? - You listen to to energize
??? - Is your favorite song from a musical.
I have many.
One that is wellknown: Somewhere over the rainbow.
Ol'Man River by William Warfield - Reminds you of an old love
I'll be your mirror by Velvet Underground & Nico - Make you think of one of your children
Helikopter - Makes you smile when you hear it.
- You love but is quite unknown
Pastorale by Liesbeth List and Ramses Shaffy - That annoys you.
Most synthesizer music. - That your parents used to listen to.
My father was a director and a singer. He was almost always busy preparing for the church choir.
He moved from a catholic choir to a byzanthine choir. He loved those songs best. - From your early years of childhood
Dikkertje Dap - That has a color in the title.
Paint it Black, by the Rolling Stones.
But some would say black is not a colour or a tone so:
Blue moon by Billie Holiday
I've sung them both when I was in a band. - That needs to be played loud.
Theme song of Fame by Irene Cara - That is perfect for a road trip.
Autobahn by Kraftwerk - That reminds you of yourself.
Yentl: Papa
Always look at the bright side of life by Eric Idle




I'm loving everyone's answers to everything, though I'm of a different musical era than most here.
ReplyDeleteThe Hair musical (1979) was from my era. I'd forgotten all about it. It did have pretty good songs.
ReplyDeleteFun post. Hope your day is blessed.
Yentl. Good choice.
ReplyDeleteA second mention of Makeba! How excellent! My sister was in a local production of Hair in the mid-1970s, so I've long had a soft spot for it.
ReplyDelete