This week's tune? Hear it here.
- The song is about a fellow who is exasperated by men flirting with his girl. Do you have a jealous streak?
No, not at all.
I have seen jealousy working its evil all my life.
When I was young my mother bought a certain kind of shoes, the neighbour had them a week later too. Same colour. Etc etc.
I never got something I really liked from my mother, I always got or had second choice. My sister got best. I stopped caring.
When I want something it's because I want it. Not because someone else has it. And when I don't get it...well, that's a pity, not life changing. - He's blue after a quarrel with Sue. Did you exchange harsh words with anyone recently?
Not really. - "Paper Doll" was #1 for 12 weeks in 1943-44, sold 11 million copies and remains one of the best-selling singles of all time. Had you heard it before today?
Oh yes. Often. - As kids, the Mills Brothers worked on their harmonies in front of their father's Piqua, OH, barbershop, much to the delight of passers by. Do you often encounter street musicians in your neighborhood?
No, not in the neighbourhood.
But in the center of town there are sometimes street musicians to be found.
When I am in London I often look for street musicians. They are the best. Quite a few times I have been singing along at Picadilly Circus and Covent Garden. Rob Falsini s one of my favorites. - The Mills Brothers were a long way from that street corner when, in 1936, they became the first African Americans to perform for the British Royal Family. It's about 4,000 miles from Piqua to London. What's the farthest you've ever been from home?
I think 1740 km. That is 1081,186 miles. - In the early 1930s, the Mills Brothers not only performed songs on radio, they sang jingles for Standard Oil and Crisco. What commercial can you recall having seen (or heard) lately?
There are two commercials I remember that bring a smile.
One is a boy from a commercial in the 80ties.
They have added it to the recent commercial because of their anniversary.
Petje Pitamientje
And one is from an insurance company:
this one. - In 1943, when "Paper Doll" was popular, WWII was raging and the US Mint began producing steel pennies because copper was needed for ammunition. Do you have any pennies in your pocket or wallet right now?
We don't use pennies. LOL!
But I do have some coins in my wallet, yes. - Also in 1943, a bottle of Coke was a nickel. When did you most recently have a soft drink? What was it?
I rarely drink it. Must have been about 2 months ago. A cola light. - Random question: Have you learned more from your successes, or your failures?
Some people think success is not the result of learning... it is!
And often success follows after failure.
So I would say I learned most from success.




I have a jar of pennies and other coins. We fill up plastic Easter eggs with the coins and hide them in our yard. I am glad you learned from your successes.
ReplyDeleteThat's great idea!! Thanks!
DeleteI do not buy things because other people have them either. I have very eclectic taste and I do not follow fashion trends. There are however a lot of clothes that I like out this year. It has been about 10 years since I have liked that many things, so I am buying some pieces. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I love the font you're using. Do you know the name?
ReplyDeleteYes, Bev. It's Handlee. Can be found by clicking the fonts on the blogger post, go down, search. Put the size to large.
DeleteEnjoy!!!
Thanks!!! It's the kind of font I've been looking for for a long time
DeleteI loved the insurance commercial. That was really good.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it? Most commercials are annoying, because we see them about 5 to 5 times an hour.
DeleteBut this one makes me giggle. Each time!!!