Saturday 9 - Good

 

This week's tune? Hear it here.

  1. This song begins with a guy realizing he's home alone. Do you enjoy being all by yourself?

    I usually do, but there are days when it would be nice when there was someone to lend a hand. I am in pain every day and have problems walking around. So vaccuuming and doing all sorts of chores is torture.

  2. He watches the sun throwing shadows on the floor. Which room in your home lets in the most sun?

    In the morning my bedroom. So during the summer thats a problem. I can use better blinds, but then it gets too hot anyway...

    In the afternoon the livingroom.
    That's one of the reasons I am happy with my gardenhouse/greenhouse. After dinner I go and sit there and read a bit, when I can with my eye issues. When I come back in the livingroom it's cooling down a bit there...

  3. He sings that he may write a letter to his ex. If you were inspired to send someone a handwritten message, do you have stationery or notecards on hand? What about first-class postage stamps?

    There must be stationary somewhere in the house......

    If it would be a casual note I can use either some paper from a notebook, a stick-it - or another piece of paper.

    We don't have classes for stamps here. Jst stamps. But we don't need physical ones anymore, as we can get a digital code..

  4. This week's band, Better Than Ezra, got their start in Baton Rouge. All the members attended LSU and played their first gig at Murphy's, a bar near campus. When you were in your early 20's, where did you and your friends go to socialize?

    Even then I was caring for someone: my gram who lived not too far from the place where I went for ballet or swiming every day. And I had to do a lot at home to help out my mother.

    But we had a pub in town where we went every tuesday evening. When that closed we went to dance at a place near the railway station..

    When we didn't want to spend too much money or didn't want the noise, we went to the appartment of "the boys" or to one of the students appartments.

  5. While the band refuses to disclose the origin of their name, many assume the "Ezra" they refer to is poet Ezra Pound. Do you often read poetry?

    Sometimes. Not often, as I write myself and I don't want to get my inspiration from other poets.

  6. In 1995, when this song was popular, Michael Jordan "unretired" and returned to the Chicago Bulls. Tell us about a decision you wish you could undo.

    Marrying with Mr. J.

  7. Also in 1995, Phoebe Buffay first performed "Smelly Cat." Do you recall what show she sang on?

    No idea... whi is she?

  8. Legendary New York Yankee Mickey Mantle died in 1995. How is your team doing so far this young baseball season?

    We don't have a baseball team.

  9. Random question: What's in your garage, besides your car (lawn tools, holiday decorations, old paint cans, etc.)?

    I don't have a garage. So there is no car.
    (I should have expected another car question...)

    I have a shed, which was used by one of the sons as his study and gameroom.
    My old desk is in there, lots of flattened boxes, a few bags with stuff, and a storage rack with cleaning products and tools.


    .

.

About *Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Comments:

  1. No stamps? I always worry that the stamp might fall off …

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can buy one online and one gets a unique code. You need to write it on the place where you would have put the stamp. You need to write the code well, as a mistake results in the item getting "lost". It won't be delivered.

      Delete
  2. My kitchen seem to get hot, mainly in kitchen. So thank for A.C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some sort of mechanical ventilation there. So the smells leave... after a while.

      Delete
  3. It is always interesting to me to see how other countries do things. The US is really far behind in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to think that the USA was far ahead. But now we seriously wonder...

      Delete