Tuesday 4 - We've Got Questions

 



  1. Where did your mother and father grow up?

    My mother in Westwoud.
    My father in Nijmegen

  2. Where did you grow up?

    In Nijmegen

  3. What was your favorite meal your mother made?

    Not the faintest idea. She was not a great cook. She used to throw everything in a pan and cook it for over an hour, for example potatoes and cabbage.
    Baking meat would have been appreciated by a shoemaker, as she baked meat so long that we called it shoesole...

    What is your favorite recipe to make?
    Pea soup.

  4. What are the advantages you enjoy where you live?

    A family house with a garden in front and one in the back, near the schools, which used to come in handy but doesn't matter now anymore.
    Not much traffic in the street.


    I won't be here next tuesday, but I will catch up.

.

About *Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

13 Comments:

  1. I had to look up the towns where you and your parents come from. It's always interesting to see new places. Enjoy your trip and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will write more about the town in the future.
      Thanks.
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Pea soup sounds good. I would like to try making that one day. Not much traffic sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will write down the recipe when I am back next week.
      Yes, not much traffic is nice. Would be nice if that noisy heatpump of one of the neighbours would be silent too. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Your home and neighborhood sound really nice. And when you say "pea soup", is that like split peas? Do you add ham to it? That's how we make it here, so just wondering what yours is like. I hope you have a wonderful trip and a very happy birthday! Did I see somewhere that you are going to be 70? That's a real milestone! I'm so happy for you to be able to go to England to celebrate with your friends there. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! Have a safe and happy trip!! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's split peas. I will post the recipe next week.
      Thanks for all the wishes.
      I will think about you, be sure of that.
      Big hugss!!

      Delete
  4. Now you have made me want to have some pea soup!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I am not feeling guilty! Lol! Pity I can't send it to you.

      Delete
  5. I've never had pea soup. Is it like, split pea soup. Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. it is. Thanks. And you: have a good week!

      Delete
  6. My cooking seems to have got worse as I've got older, maybe because I'm not really very interested :) Have a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same here. I am OK with cooking things, that's not it. But for me alone... no...
      Thanks!!!

      Delete
  7. I love split pea soup, which is thick and yummy, not sure it's the same as your pea sopu.

    ReplyDelete