Thursday 6 - Bullying and threatening.

Welcome!
Theme of the week:
Bullying and threatening.

  1. Do you follow the news. How?

    News from different countries, newsagencies, connections.
    I always check the facts or ask trusted colleagues.

  2. Have you ever been the victim of a bully? Can you tell something about it. Have you been able to overcome the harm done?

    Yes, I have been bullied a lot.
    I was one of the first and youngest kids at school to wear glasses.
    And I was not strong, so some games were not played well by me.

    There was a group of boys.. They loved to follow me and yell names to hurt me.

    Already as a young child I knew it was not because of me, but because of them. They were the problem. The thoughts behind the actions are the problem.

    So I think I have left it behind me.

    My mother was a bully too, in a way. Hurting me emotionally and physically.
    Then someone said that I was at an age (15) I might slap her back.
    That made her sit down with me and coming with all sorts of excuses. I said it was her problem. That felt like a victory.

    But looking back ..all my life I have put myself in the background, or I was performing. I didn't grow beyond a minimal amount of self confidence. I am always very self critical.

  3. Have you even been threatened?

    Yes, a couple of years ago.
    I brought a guy to the attention of the police who was mistreating his child.
    He came to the door and tried to get into the house. He was bezirk! I called the police and they heard him yelling that he was going to put our house on fire.
    You should have heard their reaction!!

  4. Have you ever been threatening someone else? If yes, why?

    No. Not really
    But I have said I would go to the police when....

  5. What do you think about people who stay silent when they see a bully at work?

    I think that staying silent is condoning...so it makes them part responsible.

    I also would like to know if they have been victims in the past and are falling back in that behaviour.

  6. Have you ever stand up against a bully online?

    Oh yes!!
    I stood up against the most outspoken anti-vaxxer of my country.
    He was telling enormous nonsense and went straight against science. I asked him why he thought his lack of education could lead to more knowledge than the knowledge of scientists.
    He got angry, started calling me names and wishing me dead and such, and then sent his group of fans on my back.
    I took screenshots...
    They were part of the courtcase against him.


Have a good week!
.

About *Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment