The Friday Ladies, Museum and Genesis Connected



When we planned the trip I wanted to be able to meet the Friday Ladies again.
Well, that happened!

When I came down the stairs and entered the area, Caroline jumped up: "Syl!!!". I got a big hug and was welcomed equally pleasant by the other ladies.
It was just like I hadn't been away... chatting, making fun, but also talking serious subjects, sharing our lives. Yes, I am the youngest member, but we share so many experiences!

They asked when I would depart again. Wednesday. So they told me they would be present in a coffee restaurant on tuesday.

With a very grateful feeling I left.







Was fetched to go to the museum.
So many times we went the same way. The museum is beside the campingplace... better ... there is grass beside the museum and we camp there twice a year.

We went to get a brunch and within no time the boss of the volunteers was there to greet me. So hartfelt.

The brunch was delicious!
Sandwiches with meat and mayo... A magnificent layer! Tasty!!!

Then a lazy round through the museum without anyone.
So another way of seeing things.

After a long talk about rather ghosty things we went to the hotel.





We didn't take much time for dinner.
Just a quick one at the Wetherspoon. (100 m from hotel.)

Wiltshire ham with eggs for me. I first had it in London when I was tired and they didn't have my favorite meal.
Now it was a good choice. Yummy.




As a birthday present I went with my companion to Genesis Connected, a Genesis Tribute Band.
We had to search a bit for the venue: The Lights.
When we arrived there we were welcomed so friendly!

We had a nice place somewhat in the back, but because it was an arena theatre we could see well on the stage.
The hall was loaded! Mainly with people around my age.
One way or another that felt so strange.

When I don't look in the mirror I am very young. I haven't been to a concert in aaaaages! So in my mind it's a "young thing" too. And then you look around...

When the singer, Pete Bultitude, entered the stage he looked old and slow... and I felt curious. Would he be able to perform at a certain level to enjoy it?
At the moment he opened his mouth and sang the first note I was as surprised as the others around me: wow!!!!

Before I asked my companion if it was a sing-along concert. She said: "No please."
So I kept my mouth shut... until the woman beside me started to sing along.. and the band was clear that was OK. 

The concert was very dynamic and perfect! Also due to the good soundman, who deserves an award.

I was very impressed by the drumduet, which was a lot better than Genesis itself managed to do it.
The singing was of constant amazing quality.

The new member, Stu(art) looked familair to me, but it might have been the distance.

After the grief and changes the last year, the band has reached again a top place in the musical world.

What a birthday present!!! Thank you, H.!!!






Back at the hotel we had a nice chat with some visitors and then went to our room.

Great day!!





.

.
.

About *Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 Comments:

  1. You really had the trip of a lifetime for your birthday trip! It all sounds so wonderful and fun. I am so happy for you to have been able to do so many different things! The concert sounds great! I am sorry I don't know the group Genesis, but I am older than you, so I must've missed that one. I wasn't into rock music much after I got married and started having babies. So I missed a lot of groups in the 70's and beyond. I'm so glad you were able to go and that it was so much fun for you. You really had a great birthday trip!!

    ReplyDelete