National Tulip Day, and Greenland

It's National Tulip Day.

It signifies the start of the tulip season.
So from now on we can buy tulips in the shops again.

The day is celebrated in Amsterdam where each visitor gets 10 free tulips.

Makes me think that it's been quite a while when I was in the center of Amsterdam.






Had a busy schedule, but thought it would be a lot more quiet next week, before I'll leave for England.

Not!

Have to go to hospital with one of my daughters.
Her gynaecologist left, and she wants to follow her to the hospital in the south of the country.
There is a problem with the referral.

So we're seeing a gynaecologist we both know (I knew her when she first started studying here.) and we hope she will write the referral.
If not..the GP knows she will be the next target.
She is informed about that last week.

It's ridiculous the insurances advertise with free doctor's choice.
Well, the choice is free, but the opportunity to get an appointment in a normal was is..zero!



I managed to finish a miniature room before this weekend.
Need to upload quite a lot. I don't know if I'll manage that before leaving.

Because I want to do something, I started a sjawl for the friend who accompanies me to England.
I got the idea when I was in the shops and saw yarn in her colour.



My daughter called Eurostar and they were so very kind to her.
So assistance is organised, which is absolutely great. 
And they also managed to move me to a seat near her (just the path between us), and on our way back beside her.

Will be a lot more pleasant.
I will also get assistance in London.
As I have severe issues with my ankl and foot and it's getting worse, as is the pain in my back, I am very grateful for the help. Especially as we have to travel another large distance after arriving in London.



I feel chuffed my campfriend has arranged a stay for a couple of days with us in the same hotel. And he will travel with us to London too.
I need to do some shopping there near the hotel and meet a friend, so we can split up and meet again later.

The idea he will come down south just for my birthday!!!

I already got a wonderful birthdaycard from him.



The Greenland issue entered a new chapter.
The NATO exercises regularly and Trump knows that as the USA is part of the NATO.
He wants Greenland, even at the cost of loosing the NATO and thus his allies.
Blackmail is part of his way of dealing with countries, even though he doesn't call it that.
10% increase of tariffs for quite a lot of countries, increasing in june to 25%.
Including mine. We're sending two whole men for the preparations.
Belgium is the only country who has send men and doesn't need to pay more.

Greenland is a part of the Kingdom of Denmark (member of the NATO). Trump wants to buy it or invade it by military force.
This came out of the blue, after the USA had all the freedom to have military bases there and left them during the past years, except for 1.
Denmark is willing to give the USA all freedom to occupy the bases again and install everything they need for safety. Because NATO members help each other to be as safe as possible. In fact, the permission for the USA is already signed and used.

The reasons Trump gives can be dealt with in a peaceful and unified way, without threats and more. Keeping the NATO as an organisation.
He states that he needs the ground for the safety of the USA, which is nonsense as he can do there whatever he wants anyway.
He lies when he says the waters around are crowded by submarines of China and Russia.
Those are NATO and Denmark's borders and territorial waters and they are guarded.

Whereas the White House states Europe is increasing the tension around Greenland, we are wondering why on earth he wants the ground of a befriended country. And why he thinks he has the right to invade.

He is angry because there has been a mission to the area with representatives of quite a few countries to plan the next NATO exercise. This was planned a long time ago, with the USA as one of the partners and decision makers, ánd part of the exercise.
Is Trump ill informed?

Denmark is of course allowed to receive whomever they want. They want to show Trump that they consider the area of great importance for global peace and safety. And that already that awareness is present for a long time.

Denmark is also planning an exercise for its own military. Every country has the right to do so. In fact, to do so without any interference of other countries.

Back to the mission, which is only to plan what was on the agenda for a long time, put there by the decision of all NATO's countries, so also the USA.

The aim of the mission is safety. Which is NATO's responsibility. So Trump knew far ahead that Greenland is one of the main safety focusses of the European countries.

Which throws the question into the center: why does he want to alienate the other members of NATO?
If he has Greenland, the NATO will be gone. Which means that none will come to assist him as fast and massive as they would otherwise.

In my opinion we can see once again that he interprets things his own way and doesn't want to see how they are intended.

An escalating situation which should not even exist!





.

.

About *Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Comments:

  1. On behalf of all of us who did not vote for him and are embarrassed by his actions I offer my sincere apologies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to apologise. These are the choices of him and those around him.

      Delete