Tuesday 4 - Holiday Specials

 




  1. Do you have a favorite Christmas carol and if so is there a particular version you especially like?

    I have a few:

    The First Noel.

    Allonger chez chez Bergères (Can't find it online anymore.)

    Suja suja Kindeke. (written by my grandfather)

  2. Do you have a special dinner for the holidays? What foods are included?

    I don't think so.
    My daughter has artificial feeding and I don't eat much.
    So it'll probably be something out of the fridge.

  3. Holiday movies ... which do you like to watch?

    I am not very charmed by all those sweet christmasmovies, where they meet on the street with a bag of christmas-items and fall in love.

    Life is emotional enough.
    So I'd probably watch concerts and such.

  4. What traditions do you continue to keep year after year for the holidays?

    I stick to Sinterklaas.

    I never feel happy during the christmas season. I used to have special christmasses, singing with my father and/or friends.
    After first one of the friends died, and later my father, I lost interest in christmas, minly because I didn't go to special events, being too busy with the kids and such.
    All days of the year I am available for other people, so I am during christmas too. Which makes me a kind of not playing a part in the event.

    Being alone isn't a good feeding-ground for keeping traditions.

    I do have some traditions for new year's eve though.

    .
.

About *Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Comments:

  1. The First Noel is a such a pretty song and that's so cool that you have a song written by your grandfather. Christmas can be such a difficult time of year if you have sad memories or feel lonely, what kind of traditions do you keep at New Year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thans Sara. I will write about that when it's near New Year.

      Delete
  2. You described the fall in love Christmas movies perfectly! We always know the end at the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they almost always end happy. Showing us a dreamworld with superficial problems.

      Delete
  3. I knew you were talking about Hallmark movies and you are right, they basically the same, I watch them while I am doing something else. I know it is hard when we are missing family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped doing that. Have switched to concerts, informational programs or other music.

      Delete
  4. It's interesting reading everyone's responses because I suppose we can all assume everyone enjoys Christmas. I enjoyed reading your responses even though it is not your favourite time of year, it's very truthful. and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete