
I walked into the hospital.
Ignored the appointment I had cancelled, but was still on the list.
Went upstairs.
Got me a cup of cocoa... which I absolutely love!
Sat down and injected a bit of extra insulin,
took two sips and wanted to read something on my phone,
and there he was!
Familiar face.
I: "You are too early."
He: "Think the former patient has either cancelled or is too late, so..."
And from that moment we had a pleasant time.
No nonsense.
He thinks I am doing well.
Agrees with me using insulin.
Suggested to stop trying to find out if it's diabetes 1 or 2, as most antibodies will be non-traceable now.
He thinks it's OK the way I manage things. He asked why I wanted to stay low. And agreed it's not a problem because the sensor safeguards against hypos very well.
Wanted to measure my bloodpressure, but when I said I didn't feel calm at the moment, he asked if I measured at home. I do. And that was fine with him.
He checked my feet.
The one of the ankle was very cold and I said I was watching it closely because I don't want any bloodflow issues go unnoticed.
He tested the neuropathy.
Etc etc.
He was wearing funny coloured shoes. He is also a dr. at the children's diabetes clinic. So I commented on it and he took it well.
He suggested starting certain medications to protect the kidneys. I said I would think about it.
At home I saw nothing has changed since I have studied that medication. I am not a good combination with the stuff, seeing the contraindications and the side effects. There was a warning added: effects not known for people above 70. Well, I am near that age now, so...
We agreed that I can manage things myself.
Checks every 6 months.
Once a year a complete check up, with bloods done.
He made very clear that if I have any problems I should contact him or the nurse.
He was absolutely fine I had contacted her before.
So a normaal doctor, with a pleasant way of dealing with his patients.
Giving me all the room I need to manage things myself, but being available if neededd.
We had a short talk about my work with the veterans.
Giving me the idea he is one himself.
So I am very happy and relieved this worked out in such a pleasant way.
Think my bloodpressure should have been measured afterwards in the waitingroom...LOL!
Thanks for all the good wishes!!
They worked out very well.
Ignored the appointment I had cancelled, but was still on the list.
Went upstairs.
Got me a cup of cocoa... which I absolutely love!
Sat down and injected a bit of extra insulin,
took two sips and wanted to read something on my phone,
and there he was!
Familiar face.
I: "You are too early."
He: "Think the former patient has either cancelled or is too late, so..."
And from that moment we had a pleasant time.
No nonsense.
He thinks I am doing well.
Agrees with me using insulin.
Suggested to stop trying to find out if it's diabetes 1 or 2, as most antibodies will be non-traceable now.
He thinks it's OK the way I manage things. He asked why I wanted to stay low. And agreed it's not a problem because the sensor safeguards against hypos very well.
Wanted to measure my bloodpressure, but when I said I didn't feel calm at the moment, he asked if I measured at home. I do. And that was fine with him.
He checked my feet.
The one of the ankle was very cold and I said I was watching it closely because I don't want any bloodflow issues go unnoticed.
He tested the neuropathy.
Etc etc.
He was wearing funny coloured shoes. He is also a dr. at the children's diabetes clinic. So I commented on it and he took it well.
He suggested starting certain medications to protect the kidneys. I said I would think about it.
At home I saw nothing has changed since I have studied that medication. I am not a good combination with the stuff, seeing the contraindications and the side effects. There was a warning added: effects not known for people above 70. Well, I am near that age now, so...
We agreed that I can manage things myself.
Checks every 6 months.
Once a year a complete check up, with bloods done.
He made very clear that if I have any problems I should contact him or the nurse.
He was absolutely fine I had contacted her before.
So a normaal doctor, with a pleasant way of dealing with his patients.
Giving me all the room I need to manage things myself, but being available if neededd.
We had a short talk about my work with the veterans.
Giving me the idea he is one himself.
So I am very happy and relieved this worked out in such a pleasant way.
Think my bloodpressure should have been measured afterwards in the waitingroom...LOL!
Thanks for all the good wishes!!
They worked out very well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment