It's soooo cold.....brrrr...
This week we were informed that all Dutch people will receive a leaflet the next week so we can better prepare for disasters.
The ru=ssia=ns are troubling us more and more. Take for instance the dro=nes that fl=y over our airfields and harbours.
(Sorry for the =, but I don't like robots picking up certain subjects and classify my blog as a threat.)
Each day the attacks are costing more lives, and the past week a civilian railway was sabo=taged in one of the border countries.
They want the people in the neighbourhoods to care more for each other.
That is very interesting because people here don't.
When the pumber killed the lareg tree in the front garden and put it on the sidewalk and street, none came to help. They let me saw off the branches witth a handsaw. When after days of work I finally managed to get them all off, someone came out of the house and said I should have asked for his chainsaw. Huh? I didn't even know the guy, let alone that he owned a chainsaw. He should have stepped outside right at the beginning.
When Mr. J died nothing happened. Just a curious visit of people to hear what had happened.
When I was unable to walk, after that walked with crutches and a cast, none even offered to do some groceries.
So I now should be available to help them under all circumstances, or expect them to help?
Oh yes, I will help if needed, even offer it myself. But I won't expect anything.
Not to make people pannic it's told we should be able to do 72 hours without electricity. Yea, right. On the news was a woman who was rather distressed because the doors of her shop didn't work. She might have been more distressed if she would have realised her cashregister wasn't protected anymore.
Before we were told we should have a small storage of water. Well as I said, we live below waterlevel, so when the dykes break we are in real trouble. Without a car we can't take the water. Oh yes...on a bicycle. But other people would steal it, so...
I think we'd better have our own watercleaning or -winning system. There is now a development of a small machine that can extract water from the air...without electricity needed.
And a few days ago I pushed a very large 1.50 cm high bucket with rainwater to it's side. I need to put something as a filtering cover on top, and I have rainwater.
They haven't mentioned gas... because when the war breaks out we might get short of electricity à nd gas.
Praise my bucket-BBQ! Put wood in it, burn it, and fry the stuff that comes out of the dead freezer. Yummy!!
So I'd better put a large amount of matches on my list, preferably stored in a watertight container.
I have seen special packages for emergencies.
I already have the multitool, spork, flashlight with batteries (which will die), pen, compas, bandages, sterile gloves, reflecting paracord, saber card, flute, medical scissors, and an advanced medical emergency kit, and bagpacks enough.
I don't have a wire saw, but I do have wire pliers.
The more advanced packages contain
- an emergency radio (I have one, but not on solar power)
- a waterfilter (Yep, might come in handy when it won't be on electricity or need batteries or something else that can expire.)
- a survival bracelet, which doesn't contain enough paracord to be handy, but it does hold a small firestone.
- campingcooker...on gascontainers.., so that'll be useless within a few days.
- Solar Powerbank 10.000mAh
- waterbag for 1,5 liters (with all those empty plastic waterbottles in the shed??)
- emergency blankets (got them)
- Rainponchos (got them)
So most of the stuff I already have in the home.
Saves me over 250 euro.
The biggest problem will be medication, especially insulin in the summer, and artificial feeding for my daughters. They also need an emergency system for their feeding pumps.
I think I need to develop them myself!
So on my personal list should be:
Saves me over 250 euro.
The biggest problem will be medication, especially insulin in the summer, and artificial feeding for my daughters. They also need an emergency system for their feeding pumps.
I think I need to develop them myself!
So on my personal list should be:
- Matches,
- watertight large bags (to put fleece blankets in to keep them dry),
- a solar powerbank
- a waterfilter,
- a solarpower radio
One of the funniest items they want us to have is a map of our own city.
Well, we know most of the city by heart, so that's ridiculous.
They also forgot that one should put the whole lot at a place that can be reached under all circumstances, so not outside to prevent damage by the weather and not inside the house to prevent damage by a targetted bomb attack.
They also forget the most important of everything:
Use your brains!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment