The Pope has died.

 

Early in the morning the death of Pope Franciscus was announced.

He died 7.35 a.m. in his room in Rome.

Yesterday he appeared for the last time,looking fragile.
He wished people Happy Easter, listened to someoneelse reading his writings, and gave the blessing Urbi et Orbi.

They drove him around in his pope-mobile. He blessed two children. One was not very keen to be disturbed, the other waskindly touched.

I didn't know why it made me feel sad... but today I knew.

I appreciated him.
In a way he seemed the best representative of God in Catholic history.

He didn't pretend, did away with useless luxuries, and was humble.
He was criticised for not doing everything he intended, mainly by people who know nothing about the ways of the Vatican and the lack of movement of the cury.

I feel he craved all his time to be a simple man,  just like the Dalai Lama.
Always keeping an open eye and heart for those at the least sides of society.

He was a worthy role model.

Some time later his death was confirmed, so I informed some people.

Even though I am not a catholic anymore, the death of this man feels as a loss.
Kind of symbolic he died at Easter-monday.

My heart goes out to all those affected.


.


.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment