Tuesday 4 - Duty of Delight

 


  1. What do you do on a typical weekend?    Saturday? Sunday?  How do you make them delightful or joyous?

    As I can't walk yet, all the days are the same.
    The only difference is that on saturday I watch Michael McIntyre and Casualty.
    and on sunday Star Trek is on TV all day and Call the Midwife in the evening.

    There is not much to do to make it delightful or joyous. I try not to do admin or something like that. Try to keep a positive attitude, which gets more difficult each day.
    Watch the birds that eat from the birdfeeder.

  2. What sources of joy do you find in your days?

    Talking with my friends and kids online and/or in the app.
    Keep my medical knowledge up to date.
    Work on my miniature houses.
    Make some music.
    Answer those who ask for support or advice.
    Watchig the birds at the bird feeder.

  3. What's for dinner tonight?  How will you make it a delight and a joy?

    I am not the one making dinner, because I can't stay that long.
    We're lucky today.
    Yesterday my daughter ordered Indian food, because she didn't feel like cooking.
    I assume we can eat 4 days from it. So part of it is now in the freezer, the rest will be for today.

  4. How are you doing personally and how can we add to the joy and delight in your days?

    I am not doing well.

    Miss my friends... The only grown ups I talk with offline are doctors and people who are busy with my foot and ankle.
    It's camping time next month with my english friend coming over and the parachutst training again, but I can't go. Can get up from sleeping on the floor, and a hotel is too expensive.
    Still can't walk.
    Can't find the right wheelchair. Need a lightweight, small foldable one. And I should be able to afford it.
    Things need to be done around the house. I tried yesterday, but I could do a little more than nothing.
    So I feel useless.

    I was supposed to do a charitiy jump, to collect some money for the veterans of the AACVA.
    But I better start to get donations for the time I walk the street... if ever.
    2 euro for getting to the opposite pavement
    5 euro to go to the end of the street
    7,5 euro to reach the little lake

    I always keep my promisses, but I can't and it makes me feel a failure.
    Breaking my ankles has been far more life changing than people around me understand.

    What you can do?

    Maybe help me find a good way to collect some money for the veterans...



.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your ankle and I hope you heal up very quickly. It must be very painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, it's very painful. I expected that after surgery. But not that it woul be this bad after 4 months.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry for all the pain and difficulties you have been going through over the past several months. I pray that your ankles are healing and that soon you will be able to get out and about and do more. Even though you don't realize it, perhaps, your taking the time to write and share your story with others is a way of bringing joy to yourself and to others. We learn things from you that we never thought about before, and I've certainly come to appreciate the amazing person that you are. I do pray that you will soon be stronger again and able to do the things you are dreaming of doing. It's been a long hard struggle, but I believe you are coming closer to the end of it and things will look better soon. You have a big heart for your friends and veterans all those who are in need of some support and care. Even though you can't physically do those things right now, you are making others aware of the needs, and sometimes that is what is needed most. I say it to you all the time..."One day at a time, one step at a time". You are getting closer. Just hang in there. I truly believe a better day is coming for you soon. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete