OMG! Twice.

 

Had the appointment with the doctor for internal medicine.

As he had been rather condescending about the diabetes nurse and was irritated by my wish to have a consultation with her first, I was not looking forward to meeting him.

Vaguely I had the idea I already met him in the past and didn't like him then. But not as a patient. So I pushed that aside.
Nevertheless I had a strange feeling this consultation might become a piece of acting.

And I was right. Alas...I was!

He opened the conversation by telling me that he didn't like the way I handled the situation. It was clear he wanted to be topdog, by which he defined the doctor-patient relationship.
He had no intention to listen to me.

When I said that it as clear he took a look at me when he opened the door when I was with the nurse he denied it. I kept silent, but wanted to say that it was very clever from him to know to put my name to my face in the waitingroom without knowing who I was at the nurses' room.

I stayed polite.

He tried to force a pill on me as "new" that is already in used since 2004 and I told the first diabetes doctor more than a year ago that I didn't want it.
His last remark was that it would lengthen my life!
(Which it won't. More people who have serious heartdisease stay out of hospital than when they use a placebo.)
I smiled... "I have defied the odds with my heartdisease, I think that says it all."
He didn't mention any side effects, what he should do by law.
"I am happy with the insulin... as I have hardly any side effects and as you said just a few minutes ago: I am dealing well with it all."
Then he said that it was my choice.

His empathy was a huge zero.
I had the idea he was either female-unfriendly, or couldn't see a person in a wheelchair as a 100% sound of mind.

At the end of the consultation he told me that next time it would be the annual check up... with feet control.
It sounded like he thought I might have dirty feet otherwise. LOL!
My inner reaction was that I would puke by him touching my feet.
I told him that my feet are checked at a regular basis after the ankle surgery, by the surgeon, the physio and the podotherapist. And that I could look under my feet myself. That I, in fact, are very aware not to get a wound on my feet.
No reaction at all.

So I felt very relieved when I was in the waitingroom again.

The only positive is that he agreed to test the other anti bodies for LADA, even though he assumes they will have disappeared by now.
I assume that too...which means I won't get the proper diagnosis.

When we went to get the bloodswork done he had requested just 1!!

During the consultation there were more red flags, but I am too tired of it all to write about it.



At home waited a bill for 352,95 euro local taxes.... huh???
That's a lot!!
Have to wait to monday to ask if it's possible to pay less, sa we don't own the house and we're just the 2 here.


Couldn get rid of an ill feeling the rest of the day.





.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Comments:

  1. I just came back here after reading your most recent post with the letter you want to send to this doctor. You probably should, and definitely find a new doctor! He sounds like a boorish boob! LOL. Sad to think that, but true. Oh, I don't know much about your taxes and euro values there, but I hope you can get it rectified. One thing at a time...one day at a time...hang in there. I believe you are getting better, and it is good you are a very strong person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which doesn't mean I don't get nervous when I start working on those taxes.
      Our system is complex.
      A governmental system with annual reports (in May) of your income, pension and such. (So you are taxed when you earn your honest money, and then they tax you again for your pension. So they tax your honest money twice.)

      Then there are a kind of regional/county taxes (in February) which tax the value of your house ànd the watersystem (including the watercleaning). I am completely new to this area... so I have to find out the rules and regulations. Part of it is a fixed amount per person. When your income is below a certain amount they grant you to pay a percentage less.
      When Mr.J died they taxed me too and I paid then. I was about to ask to pay less, but then I had my accident and when I was ready to deal with it the timelimit to ask that was exceeded.
      I am sure I will be confronted with a lot of more "surprises" like these.

      Delete