The ordered outfit arrived.
Accentuating once more how diffcult things are when you can't visit the shops yourself.
The shirts were nice, but far better on the photo than on me.
Oh, I will wear them a lot. The fabric is soft and smooth.
But they're not good enough for a wedding.
When I put on the dress I expected to see all lumps and bumps I gained through the years, without asking I have to say, but it was like the dress jumped all over me. Like in those fairy tales when the fae swipes just once through the air to make a dirty damsell appear as a well cared for lady.
The dress was long enough, hiding me enough, feeling comfortable enough... but the colours were far brighter and louder than on the photo.
I will wear it, be sure, maybe even to the wedding?
The soon to be groom said: "No".
End of that story.
Then the set I looked forward to so much.
The pants were wonderful. Fit for the occasion. Wide enough to move elegant in a slight breeze, but not too...
The top...augh... I couldn't find the sleeves when I wanted to put it on... and where to put my head?
When I finally gained entrance the right way, being grateful for not standing in a busy shop with a line of people waiting for the fitting room... struggling in a far too small space...
When I finally found out how to put it on, it was...horror! They had made the original concept wider for a larger person... but also longer.
No problem at the back. But the front was supposed to gracefully fall apart to show the pants...opening from about the belly button...
Oh yeah, it fell open....from just above the knees....
And as it was dark blue.... I looked like a nun...
I have nothing against nuns, be sure of that, they had some very nice things to add to my childhood, but when I was offered a place among them I kindly rejected.
The twins agreed that maybe we should redesign the top, make falling pleads with a wonderful pin...
But I think I have to look further for some elegant jacket...
So I keep the pants and the top will land somewhere in the house.
When the groom-to-be paid a short visit during his shift he didn't like the dress and said nothing when he saw the trousers.
I explained again that I need to wear pants, as my disfigured ankle needs to be hidden and I can wear the shoes I need....We'll see.
Had pain in my foot all day.
Removed the tape (which had become loose, was fixed with another tape), put on a new tape the same way, put on another tape in another way... and then left myself with a bare foot with a bump on top of the foot above the tiny toe and it's neighbour.
Monday the fysio can have a look,
Tuesday the surgeon... and as it's a consequence of his actions..... I expect some nice words, maybe another x-ray added to the one that's made before moving to his room.. and a solution...
2 months before the wedding... I can't walk.


Oh dear!! I am thankful you have 2 months before the wedding. A lot can change between now and then. I remember ordering dresses for my son's wedding. The dress I ordered came from China on a very slow boat. I didn't realize that when I ordered it. When it came it was not the quality I expected, so I ended up ordering something else more locally. Now it doesn't fit so it hangs in my closet until I decide to give it away. I hope you have a good meeting with your fysio and surgeon. Praying for your healing in plenty of time for the wedding.
ReplyDeleteOh dear! That must have been a lot of stress!
DeleteThe dress that came was very nice and flowing, and, to be honest, I like the colours... so if my son would have agreed I might have started the hunt for shoes or find out a way to tape my foot so fluid can't collect in the foot and I can wear a nice looking shoe for the ceremony and the photos.
Spent yesterday afternoon looking and looking. But not knowing what they want makes it difficult. Maybe I have to give them the photos of things I like and have them make a choice and order that next.
If they want me to look like a granny who just came from the 1800's...that won't happen!!
Thank you!
Hugs!!