Sunday Stealing - Ice Cream



Since I've got diabetes I am not very interested in ice cream anymore.
But I'll try to answer as best as I can.

  1. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

    Depends. Chocolate, blueberry, cinnamon

  2. If you could invent a new flavor of ice cream, what would it be?

    Well, they are using all sorts of crazy ingredients already.

  3. Who do you like to eat ice cream with?

    As long as I have my own one, or bowl...anyone who doesn't eat with noises.

  4. If you were a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be?

    right now:chocolate

  5. Does your family eat ice cream regularly, or just for a special treat?

    Absolutely not regularly.

  6. What is your favorite treat from the ice cream truck?

    We don't see any icecream trucks in our streets anymore.

  7. Does frozen yogurt taste different than ice cream?

    Yes, it does.

  8. If you could make a super sundae, what would it have?

    Had to look that one up.

    Blueberries, vanilla ice cream, brambles, chocolate icecream, raspberries, vanilla, dutch eggnog. Sprinkles of crushed peanuts.

  9. Can ice cream make a bad day better?

    For many people, yes. 
    But for me? It messes up my glucose.

  10. Have you ever had homemade ice cream?

    Yes, we used to make icecream ourselves.

  11. When is your favorite time to eat ice cream?

    After a meal? When the temp is high.

  12. What is the best kind of ice cream you ever had?

    Those little pots of creamy vanilla  wen I was a kid.
    Later: banana icecream with chocolate sauce and dutch eggnog.

  13. Do you prefer your ice cream in a cone or in a bowl?

    Bowl. Some cones are not nice.

  14. Is there such a thing as a bad flavor of ice cream?

    Oh yes!! Had a blue one a long time ago...bllll....

  15. They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away. What does an ice cream a day do?

    Invite the doctor in....in my case.

  16. Is ice cream better when it’s fresh or slightly melted?

    Fresh

  17. What is the craziest flavor of ice cream you’ve ever seen?

    Licorice. Pepper.




.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

8 Comments:

  1. My goodness, a lot of ice cream questions. I don't eat much anymore either. Mostly I think I am lactose intolerant, so I have to be careful what dairy I eat. Yogurt doesn't seem to bother me, so I prefer that. Our family used to make homemade ice cream for the 4th of July (Independence Day for us here). It was always a big event, and everyone has to take turns turning the crank or they don't get to eat any. Well, they might still get some, but they will have missed out on the best part! Our extended family nowadays still does that when we can get together for a reunion. We carry on the tradition in memory of our parents. Vanilla is still my favorite, but I also like strawberry and chocolate, all mixed together (Neapolitan). I like a Hot Fudge Sundae with nuts and whipped cream now and then, but you can keep the cherry on top. Not a fan of maraschino cherries. I think we still have some ice cream trucks going about in the summertime, but it's gotten so expensive I don't know how people can afford it. I guess that goes for just about everything right now. Oh well, such is life. "You scream, I Scream, we all scream for Ice Cream!" Have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember those icecream machines. My dad bought one for fun, but it took so much effort that we only used it during very hot summers.
      We have a few lactose intolerant people in the family (me). Yoghurt is OK, because the fermentation has broken down most of the lactose. I always carry the little tablets with me... in case...

      We used to have a mobile icecream stand visiting our street every summer evening ... was so nice to see the children reaching out to get a small cone.

      I agree, I thik it never comes here anymore because the cost to drive a cooling car and buying icecream has become ar too expensive.
      Such a pity!

      Delete
  2. You and Pandora mentioned Dutch Eggnog. I love eggnog so I need to google to see what this is. I do not like licorice in any form, so I know I wouldn't like that one. I don't eat it either - not because of diabetes - just because I don't eat sweets anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted a recipe a while ago:

      https://sylify.blogspot.com/2024/02/advocaat.html

      I love it!!

      Delete
  3. I wish I could eat more, but, of course, most of us cannot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pepper ice cream! Wow. They'll make it out of anything.

    ReplyDelete