10 years ago I was dying.
Months before i started to feel unwell.
Breathless and very tired.
I could walk less and less.
Even though I went only once a year to my GP for an update of the whole family, no bell rang when I visited 4 or 5 times within 2 months.
Each time I was sent home with the advice to rest, have less stress, and the like. And asthma got the blame.
When I complained about Ventolin not working it was not heard.
I could hardly walk 25 meters anymore. Was thinking I was dying. Couldn't sleep on my left side.
Then I got pneumonia which didn't go away completely with a firm round of antibiotics.
The lungdoc made an ECG... and I saw immediately something was very wrong.
Waitinglist ... cardiologist...
"Something is very wrong. Don't walk the stairs, sleep on the couch, do nothing. And never go to the loo without aa person near the door."
Waitinglist ... echo/ultrasound.
During the ultrasound my heart stopped.
The cardiologist was in the next room, watching the screen.
He stormed in.
I was put in a wheelchair and brought to the cardiology ward, connected to threads and wireless heartmonitors.
The cardiologist had a groupmeeting with the others... came to me and told me they idn't know what to do. I was too bad for a hearttransplant, too bad for other surgery, and I might not live the next morning.
I agreed to take all medication he could think of...just to try... and that was it.
10 years ago, the next morning ... I lived!!
.


Obviously God had other plans for your life and wanted you to keep living to tell the story! Sounds like a miracle to me that in spite of all the delays and misinformation and missed diagnoses, you still live! Thank you for sharing this part of your story with us. It gives others hope that miracles do still happen!
ReplyDeleteMiracles do happen.
DeleteAt the camp I spoke with a woman who survived a nasty brain tumor, which she couldn't have survived under normal circumstances. We're now called the miracle girls.