Sunday Stealing: Favorites





  1. What is your favorite accent? Scottish or cockney. Problem is that I take over almost every accent I hear, regardless if it's in Dutch, English or German.
  2. What is your favorite animal? Giraffe. But I would love to have a beagle.
  3. What is your favorite band? None at the moment. I like all sorts of music, but African is on top. I still love the music of Velver Underground (and Nico). It's not the best, but it carries a lot of memories. A song for this moment: Sunday Morning.
  4. What is your favorite childhood book? Johanna Spyri: Heidi. I had the book from the library and loved it. When my gram wanted to know which gift I wanted for december (We don't have boxing day, we have Sinterklaas early in the month), so when my gram asked what I wished for I told her: Heidi. That was the first book I owned. Read it a lot of times and saw several movies. Still love the first book best.
  5. What is your favorite color? Depends. Most of the time it's turkoise. But I also love deep blue and deep red.
  6. What is your favorite drink? Whisky. The Glenlivet, single malt, 18 years. No water, no rocks. Just pure. I don't drink wine, but I can appreciate a good Port. Beerenburger will do at home. In summer a beer will do... but not a bitter one.
  7. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? There are so many tastes I have never tried. I am a diabetic, so I stay away from it. The best sugarfree is chocolate.
  8. What is your favorite place on the planet? On the high shores of Wales, beside one of the castles, overlooking the ocean. Would love to live in a croft at the outer Hebrides. But I need also money to travel to my friends a few times a year. Love to walk around in London or sit in one of the parks. Wouldd love to visit Tibet.
  9. What is your favorite sandwich? The best I have had was in Shepherd's Bush, London, a few years ago. A shrimp one from Waitrose. It was delicious!!!
  10. What is your favorite swear word? Not going to share that!!
  11. What is your favorite thing to wear? A warm, soft, fluffy sweater for winter. In summer: t-shirt with thin trousers. I like wide clothes.
  12. What is your favorite food to eat on a rainy day? My made pea soup. Loved the fish pate I had at the club last time in London.
  13. What is your favorite food to eat on a sunny day? Something with fish. I love raw herring and smoked salmon.
  14. What is your favorite number? 7
  15. What is your favorite snack? Depends. At the moment I snack pieces of chorizo. Last week toast with Brie. With this weather give me a piece of pie.
It's not that I can't make a choice. It's that I like so much, and there are always options to make me happy.

Want to take part or read other contributions? 
Click the graphic.
.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Comments:

  1. Isn't it grand to have choices?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pie is the perfect food. There's chicket pot, pizza, and apple, among the many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giraffes are such beautiful animals. I love them too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only thought of domesticated animals for #2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1. I like the Dutch accent - it sounds so laid back.

    #6. Not a fan of whiskey - or any spirit really.

    Chorizo - yum yum.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete