Rain and more

 

Slept a few hours. Woke up with muscle pain, because I slept so deep, probably without moving. But the coughing is far less, so who cares?

Got a letter we'll get a new homeowner.
That might be very good news.
I didn't like this one. Our contactperson was not a friendly mailer. Maybe she is a very nice person in offline life, but online she was not my kind of person.

We had two large pines in the garden. They're part of "the house". So it was not ours to do with them what we wanted.
When the new neighbours wanted the tree removed, the contactperson wanted us to pay for it.
Well, they were the owners, so they should pay. I said so.
Then she wanted us to pay half...  No way!!
Their responsibility their cost.
After that she agreed. We had to make an appointment.
Before we had the opportunity we woke up at a saturday, early morning. They had a treecutter come over our house with a crane. It cut the tree and took it away without any contact at all. They never returned for the second one!

Now that one is bending over towards the house.
At times I feel very distressed by it.
Storm expected tomorrow....


This storm is an addition to days of torrential rain.
The river here is at a high level. Already large areas in the country are flooded.
Floodplains are filling. The groud is soaked.
We live in a lower area... my bulbs are still in bags on the table.
Here in The Netherlands we receive all water of the center of Europe. And as it has rained there a lot too...

More rain is expected tomorrow. Monday: sleet.


I was able to repair the laundry machine. 
Or in fact the water drain.

First I checked the drainage of the machine itself.
That was OK.
Then the drainage pipe.
No sock in it.
I didn't have any equipment to find the obstruction or to undo it.
So I had to improvise.
I had a stick with an attachment at the end that was smaller.
But it didn't touch anything to move.
I found a bit of agressive toiletcleaner.
Poured it in.. with the knowledge I might be in real trouble when I had to unscrew the bottomcap.
Waited half an hour, poured water on it, used the stick again and attached the drainage pipe of the machine.

It worked!!!









.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment