Iron Age Museum, St. Mary and Robert Burns

I might just have been lucky, or it might have been a sunday effect, or my companion made a mistake in her app., but I got a kind of double breakfast.
It was supposed to be a freedom breakfast... well, it gave freedom to eat. LOL!

When we finished my companion wanted to take a long walk, I went to the pound shop to get some things for during the rest of the trip, for in my suitcase or for at home.
Then went to the hotel. (No, no leaking from the roof!)





She suddenly called. "I am coming back, we're going to the Ice Age Museum."

It was planned for te next day, but flexibility is important.
She had walked past it, to see where it was and saw that the museum is open just part of the week, and today was the last day for us.




We were friendly welcomed by two ladies.
The building contains two musea.
We decided for the Iron Age Museum.

Downstairs there were some natural scenes that were made with love and lots of attention.
Some dried grass, bend at a place, a small bird on top, the grass supported by another piece of grass that was leaning over in such a way that not only the first piece mentioned was naturally supported, but it also held another small bird.

The upstairs gave a wonderful insight in the further history of the town with quite a lot of items.

As it was already rather late we decided to do the other museum another time.

My companion finished the intended walk, and I went back to the restaurant to give my leg a bit of rest.

On my way there I tried to find a shortcut and landed at the area around St. Mary, the church central in Andover.

There was no-one, due to the weather.

It was a nice area of remembrance.




As it was Robert Burns night I wanted to go somewhere to celebrate it.
Turned out there were special events in town, but all "tickets only", and all tickets sold out.

So we went to the Weetherspoon, where they advertised 2 meals witth haggis.

I love haggis! And my companion was interested.

But...no haggis!!!

What a disappointment.

I went for the wraps. They were fine.

Sorry Robert Burns!!

My autistic son saw someone suspicious walking at the playground of the school nearby, where he was not supposed to be.
So he informed the police.
They thanked him very well. 
During new years eve there have been serious troubles there, so they were quite willing to follow up on the report.



Decided on the retaurant for my birthday.
Looked in such a way that everyone would be able to make a good choice, including the vegetarian person.

Online booking was not possible.
But I called and it was fine.

Good.



Photos: here

.

About *Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 Comments:

  1. I just went over and looked at your pictures, all of them wonderful! I couldn't leave a comment there for some reason, so I came back here. You surely had a wonderful trip! Your breakfasts look so interesting too! Haggis somehow doesn't really appeal to me, but I guess people like it. So that's okay! The museum looks interesting too, and the grounds of St. Mary's is so lovely. Everything is beautiful there. I hope I can visit sometime, but I rather doubt that will ever happen. So thank you for the pictures! It's the next best thing.

    ReplyDelete