Saturday 9 - Hold On

 


This week's tune? Hear it here
 
  1. This song gives encouragement to someone who is enduring heartache. Have you more recently given support, or received it?

    I always give support... That's how my life is.
    I am surrounded by people who need support..and can't give it either.
    Receiving support: from the physio, Pamela, and a bit longer ago another friend here and some English friends.

  2. "Hold On" is featured prominently in the 2011 movie Bridesmaids. It's an anthem for the friends in the film and they love to sing it together. Is there a song that reminds you of good times with a good friend?

    This one.

    I had a good, very good studyfriend. We could study together, make music, go to parties, cook, etc etc.
    One day he made this song "ours".

    He disappeared out of my life when he married an american woman and went to the USA.
    When he returned to Europe he stayed out of reach.
    I finally found him and we reconnected. I had my friend back.
    Because the woman had alienated him from friends and family he was out of contact with other friends and family. I managed to motivate him to get in contact again. He was very happy about that.

    We had a good time.I visited him in Belgium, and he visited here.

    And then again contact was broken... away... gone.

    I know where he works.. But when I get in contact again... how sincere would he be?

    The song now has a strange feeling attached. He wasn't here when I needed him the most.

  3. The video for this song finds Wilson Phillips outdoors on a snowy mountainside and then on a sandy beach. What's the view outside your window?

    A tree. The roofs of a few cars, and parts of some houses a bit further away.

  4. The mountain segments were filmed in California's San Gabriel Mountains. The girls were flown to the set by helicopter. Have you ever been in a helicopter?

    No. I haven't.
    It's one of my dreams.
    Funny thing is that I am a couple of times a year right at the army airfield where the helicopters are stationed, and where the pilots and crews are trained.
    They have flown in front of me, putting up a display just for me and a few veterans, but I have never been in one.

  5. The members of Wilson Phillips are authentic "California Girls." Wendy and Carnie Wilson's father is Brian Wilson, who wrote the Beach Boys hit. Chynna Phillips is the daughter of John and Michelle Phillips of the Mamas and the Papas, who sang "California Dreamin'." Have you been to California? If yes, where did you visit?

    No, too far away for me.
    A few of the parachutist of my group have jumped there.

  6. Another generation of the Wilson family has entered the music business. Carnie's daughter/Brian Wilson's granddaughter, Lola Bonfiglio, participated in the current season of American Idol. Has a family member followed you in your chosen profession?

    Psychologist: no.
    Journalist: son2

    He helped me out when I was running a paper and enjoyed it...

  7. In 1990, when this song was popular, satellite radio was in its infancy and streaming was unheard of. Our cars gave us a choice of AM/FM and maybe CD player/tape deck. When you're driving and a favorite song comes on, are you more likely to sing along if you're alone? Or don't you care if anyone hears you?

    I am not the driver, ever. So the person beside me shoulde able to cope with my "singing"...

  8. Also in 1990, actor Alan Hale Jr. died. He was "the skipper" on Gilligan's Island. Without looking it up, can you name the other six castaways? (If not the actors, then their characters.)

    No, never saw it on here.

  9. Random question: What superhero would you like to have as your best friend?

    Huh?A superhero as a friend?
    Someone like superman or the hulk?
    As far as I know superhero's are too full of themselves saving the world.


.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Comments:

  1. Loved your answer to the last one hahahah
    happy saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...now I hope I won't fall i love with one. LOL!

      Delete