Friday 5 -Agitation

 

  1. Whose performance of your nation’s anthem did you find especially stirring?

    We're not as focussed on our national anthem than other countries.
    I think I was a bit stirred a few years ago when we were at the Canadian War Cemetry.
    During the national anthems some veterans were at the graves of their comrades. I had spoken with them before.Some of them could hardly walk, and they knew it would be the last time to say their goodbyes. That touched me. The national anthems formed a respectful background.

  2. When did you last fold something?

    This morning. Laundry.

  3. When did you last toss something to someone?

    A sweet to one of my sons. Last week.

  4. How do you feel about beets?

    I know they are healthy... but I don't like them at all.
    They're used a lot in vegetarian "meat". Don't like that!

  5. What do you have mixed feelings about?

    Going to England in august or not.
    There is a veteran I need to see.
    And a friend wants to go to certain places in the country.
    I want to travel alone.
    But I am not sure about going, as it costs a lot of money an that might mean I can't go next year. On the other hand, my health is deteriorating, so its better to go now. But maybe I can walk better at a later date..





Please join me thursday:



.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 Comments:

  1. I hope things work out for you to go to England, if that is what you really want to do. On the other hand, I can certainly understand the expense issue as well as the health issue. It's difficult to do much traveling when you don't have the energy/strength and/or the money you need to be comfortable in your journey. I hope whatever is really best for you is what will work out. Oh, I'm sorry you don't like beets. They are one of my favorite vegetables, but not as a meat substitute...I just eat beets for the joy of eating beets! I like them cold or hot or pickled or not! Our national anthem is very special, and I love it most when it is sung by sincere people singing while standing and with respect to our flag. I don't really like the "stars" who try to fancy it up and sing it for their own glory. To me that is disrespectful. Just sing it from your heart, whether or not you can hit the high notes or carry a tune!

    ReplyDelete