New diabetes nurse.

 



A couple of birds at the birdfeeder this morning.

Heard nothing from the doctor of internal medicine.
The GP said she was OK with a meeting.

Today son2 was not able to drive me, so the friend of one of the girls fetched me.
She was all dressed in black and red, and had a lot of fun.

The nurse lives in the neighbourhood here, but I didn't know her.
A few years ago one of the kidney nurses lived nearby and I was bothered by that. She immediately started to talk about the children when she saw me. It felt like invading my privacy and not knowing to draw a line between professional and private.

This nurse was just nice and stuck to the subject.
She listened well.

The problems in the clinics were recognised. She was happy I had involved the complaints person.

The nurses had tried to be available for diabetes patients there, but were never consulted. Well, I asked for them and they didn't even spen a call on it.
So they'll back me up in my complaint.
Great!!

We also talked about how to manage the diabetes at the moment and she had a few good tips.
We also discussed a pump, but I decided to go on the way I do.

It was good to get compliments for a change.
It really boosted my self confidence.
I had lost that after the surgery.

For the first time I didn't feel bothered by monitoring through the computer, which means they get into my readings and look over my shoulder.
I still think it's not necessary.

I was surprised she also planned things for when I can walk properly again.
They only count carbs for people with diabetes 1. 
And she asked if I would like starting to do that too.
In a way it's an acknowledgement for me having LADA, and not diabetes 2.
She had seen the discussion I've put in my files.

They have only used 1 test.
In England 4 are required and they even have found out that one of what they call "rare" antibodies is more common than the antibody that is considered to be the most found one. So th siagnostic pocess hasn't stopped in my eyes.

Oh... and the doc came at the door of the room and had a look, with an excuse.
Haha.
He looks nice and the nurse said he is good.
Well, we'll see.

We saw he had put the request for bloodwork in te system,
so I went to get it done after the consultation.

The nurse there liked my pendant. It's just a cheap thing. When I can find a second one I'll give it to her.

We were lucky I had a free parking card from my work.
Saved a lot of money.

At home I took a large insulin shot and ate chips. Needed that after this week.

Then my english camping friend asked me if I would be able to camp with him in march...
I hope so.
I can always stay at the campside when he goes to the airport to jump. Or use my crutches there instead of a cane.


.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment