Dad's RAF records received

 

Posted about it here

I feel very disappointed, even though I had no well defined expectations.

What hit me most was the discrepancy about the joining date.
Somewhere a mistake is made or the dates have different meanings.

They provied an email for explanation, so I've send all the paperwork I have and a list of what I know and all my questions to them.

Maybe they can come up with something useful.

Of course the family jumped on it.

The girls were happy we got at least something.

Mr. J was talking for son 2 and made me feel like I am completely stupid, can't deal with things like that and should let some vague aquaintances do the research.

I am a member of some very good researchgroups and I mpart of the RAF family, so I know where to go and who to ask.

It would be nice to be able to stay in London and some other places for a while to do my own research.

But I also know that this will be a chain of coincidences..

When I was with dad and Ron in the UK we travelled all over the country. I knew we were visiting places that were important for them. Now I know they were RAF places.
So maybe memories will pop up.

Right now I am almost ready to go to England. 
Just a few things to pop in my bags.




.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 Comments:

  1. I am glad you are making progress in this journey and exploration. Hoping you will continue to find more answers as you go along and someday the puzzle picture will be complete. Keep plugging along! Don't be discouraged. It will come together in God's perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete