Friday 5 - Gang aft agley


 

  1. When did you last plan a special gathering or event?

    Just a couple of months ago.

  2. How do you rate yourself as an organizer of activities?

    9 out of 10.
    Lots of experience, since school.

  3. When did you plan something and then say, “Never again!”

    I was part of a planning team, when it turned out I was doing a job for free which could be done by a collegue for payment.
    As it's in my professional oath to safeguard the profession and my collegues, I thought it best to retreat. There was a huge risk the paid collegue would be sacked, because there was someone doing the same work for free.
    Someone who lied he was a psychologist (after a 2 week course...LOL!) felt put in a corner. He either had to stay on and admit he wasn't a professional with the same professional oath as I have, or retreat too. He got bezirk! Calling me all sorts of names.

    So I quit the organisation. Telling myself I would never land myself in the same situation!

  4. When were you especially impressed by someone else’s planning for a special event?

    Don't know.

  5. When have you recently experienced a sudden change of plans?

    Right now.
    I was supposed to travel in the Caledonian Sleeper from London to Scotland. Visiting the ancestral village. Stay a night at the Isle of Skye.
    But the son who told me I would make the trip postponed it to the new year and I assume it will never happen.










.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment