Friday 5 - Hero’s journey + Returns

Hero’s journey


  • When did you hear (and heed) the Call to Adventure this week? Maybe you'd better have asked this in summer. No call for adventure this week. I'm recovering from Covid.
  • What challenges did you encounter on your Road of Trials from last weekend to this weekend? I never think in terms like "Road of Trials". In fact my life is constantly dealing with decisions to say something or shut up. Like yesterday evening when Mr. J gave me a sandwich and told me there were 2 slices of a special spread left. I also saw them later. This morning I remembered him of the 2 slices and he said: "No I told you before that sandwich that there were 2 slices left", cleaning his mouth..so he had eaten them. I coud have started an enormous row..as he never would reveal he had eaten them and I am certain I am right. But I didn't bother. Situations like these happen often. He tries to cover his mistakes, lies, forgetfullness by blaming me. Kind of gaslighting.
  • What kinds of temptations did you face this week? Chocolate...
  • What was your Ultimate Boon (that is, your greatest reward) this week? ??? Nothing
  • If you canceled all your obligations this weekend (and the coming week) and had the Freedom to Live it any way you wanted, how would you spend the time? I cancelled all the visitors for my birthday today. I'm still extremely tired from/after Covid, with breathing difficulties. So that is not "Freedom to Live. Well, spending the time I have completely my way means money. I don't have that.
So this week's questions are not in combination with my daily life. I went to the first Friday 5 near this date in 2018

Returns

  • What was the last item you returned or exchanged at a store? Can't remember. When I buy something I am quite sure it's OK.
    But I am about to complain about the quality of the bananas.


  • When did you last leave the house and then turn right back around and go back inside? Last week when Mr, J was leaving and forgot some items. So I was not truly leaving to go somewhere, just going outside.
  • What’s the latest you’ve ever returned a library book? After discovering a very cheap second hand bookshop I stopped paying for the library. I used to be very careful to be in time when returning a book, as other people might have taken an option for the book. The library was not too far away, so it wasn't a problem.
  • What location among places you’ve traveled would you most like to see again? I loved the Dolomites in Italy. But I also would like to return to the Castle in Wales: on top of the rocks overseeing the ocean.
  • What’s an unlikely movie sequel you’d like to see? I would love to write the sequel of "Out of Africa".


Want to take part? Welcome!!
Or want to read other contributions? Click the image on top Enjoy your weekend!
.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment